Statemachine and skipping a state

Weyert

18 May, 2011 06:50 AM

I am currently experimenting with the state machine (from statemachine.org) by using the enhanced event prototype for Robotlegs. Only I am failing to understand how I can move to a different state. I have added three more states.

My idea is to have one state which can only be entered when a flag is set in a model, if it's false it should fall-back to different state. For example, you have the following states: SECOND, THIRD

Now by default it will always move to the SECOND-state via the NEXT-action only when the flag is FALSE is should skip SECOND and hop to THIRD instead. Only I have looked at the documentation of the state-machine class but it's not obvious for me how to do this. At the moment it looks like I would need to define a SKIP_TO_THIRD action to all state definition in the XML file.Because in this project you can move to SECOND from states FOURTH too.

1. 1 Posted by Weyert on 18 May, 2011 11:12 AM

Also looks like state cancelled event never gets called. Making it really hard to recover from cancelled state transitions :(

2. Weyert closed this discussion on 19 May, 2011 09:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac