Working with Web Services

James

24 Aug, 2011 09:15 AM

Hi,

In continuation of this discussion:
http://knowledge.robotlegs.org/discussions/questions/377-should-i-l...

There are a few points that I am not clear on. In my situation I am working with an external web service which sends and receives XML.
I've setup a service in my robotlegs project which waits for data from the web service and has a public method for sending data to it. My first question would be, is it good practice to inject the service where needed and call the public method (i.e from a command) whenever you need to send out data - or have the service listen for events/signals and act on those by sending out data?

My second question is more in line with the above. Where is the best place to update my models once a packet arrives from the web service? If I understand correctly one suggestion is to have a separate XML parser class which is used exclusively by the service. Another idea is to parse the XML inside of the service and update the models there after.

Sorry to go over what seems like old ground here but I'm still trying to get my thinking around all of this. I'd appreciate any help/guidance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 02 Nov, 2011 06:13 PM

Feel free to reopen this discussion, if you're still having problems. Please open new threads for new issues.
    Thank you.

2. Ondina D.F. closed this discussion on 02 Nov, 2011 06:13 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac