FlickrImageGallery tests failing

Leigh

31 Aug, 2011 07:18 AM

Hi there,

I nabbed the FlickrImageGallery to take a look at how the unit tests were laid out.

When compiling and running RobotlegsImageGalleryTestRunner.mxml I get three failed tests with "Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference." I believe they're related to the use of galleryLabel in GalleryLabelMediator.onRegister()

I just wanted to see if anyone else had got the same behaviour when running the tests (and if the example is designed like that), or whether I'm just building the example in some wrong way.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Stray on 31 Aug, 2011 08:04 AM

Hi Leigh,

it sounds like the metadata is being lost - you need flash/flex to keep the Inject and PostConstruct tags when the build runs.

Check your mxmlc output and see if you have those two tags being kept, and if not then the Common Problems wiki should help you out (there are instructions for including metadata):

https://github.com/robotlegs/robotlegs-framework/wiki/common-problems

hth,

Stray

2. 2 Posted by Leigh on 01 Sep, 2011 12:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Stray. I had another look through the common-problems and added the suggested compiler arguments, though I'm not sure if they're necessary as I'm compiling with the Robotlegs SWC.

Unfortunately I'm still getting the same behaviour when running the test suite. I should note that compiling and running the actual app itself (RobotlegsFlickrGallery.mxml) works fine, which makes me believe the metadata tags are being hung onto ok by the compiler.

I've attached the console output from the test run if that helps.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ondina D.F. on 02 Nov, 2011 03:25 PM

Hi Leigh,
    If you’re still having problems, feel free to reopen this discussion. I’m closing the thread now.
    Please open new threads for new issues.
    Thank you.
    Ondina

4. Ondina D.F. closed this discussion on 02 Nov, 2011 03:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac