Can I build App without model??

cherifbouchelaghem

24 Mar, 2011 10:34 AM

Hello, i was wondering if i can build an application with static data without using mode?? for example this data will be in an swf file loaded in the view. Thanks

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Stray on 24 Mar, 2011 11:34 AM

Using 'Model' in robotlegs doesn't really mean anything too prescriptive. A 'model' is just a class that extends Actor - which provides the shared eventDispatcher that allows the model to hook in to the application.

So - my thought is really just that if you have some data in a swf, which other framework objects need to access that data? And how do you want them to access it?

I have had success with relaying events between the loader sharedDispatcher (not available in Air) and the main app eventDispatcher.

Alternatively you could have a standard robotlegs model and then only populate it once your swf file has loaded.

In essence, robotlegs will allow you to do almost anything - so the question is to work out what you really want it to do, and how to do that elegantly.

Stray

2. 2 Posted by cherifbouchelag... on 24 Mar, 2011 11:56 AM

Yes thank you Stray, i will use the greensock loader classes as a service to intergrate my assets and illiminate some boilerplates you are totaly right i wil follow some good practices. Thanks again.

3. Stray closed this discussion on 02 Apr, 2011 11:24 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac