Listening to a Signal in the Context Mediator

timwjohn

04 Mar, 2013 09:02 PM

Hi,

This is my first post, so I'd just like to say that I'm in love with Robotlegs. I've been developing for years and I feel that the Robotlegs way is going to make the larger projects a breeze! I decided to start with RL1, due to the huge support for it, including the book, which I bought. I think I'll be ready to graduate to RL2 within the next project or two.

This is my second application and I've added Signals to the arsenal, which I also love.

I've based my bootstrapping and startup sequences on @creynders' robotlegs-demo-bootstrap application. All good to a point.

~~The problem is that I need to listen to my StartupComplete signal in the context view's mediator, so it can change states and do its thing. Of course, my ContextMediator is registered as soon as it is mapped, and therefore my signal isn't being injected in time, as it itself hasn't been mapped yet.~~

~~I've had a good look in the forums for a common solution to this, but not getting any luck.~~

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry - it was working perfectly. I just hadn't put the state change code in the view's 'doYourThing()' method.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Shaun Smith on 09 Mar, 2013 04:46 PM

Cool, glad you got it sorted out. I'm closing this thread for now. Feel free to re-open, or start a new one.

2. Shaun Smith closed this discussion on 09 Mar, 2013 04:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac