BabelFX and pure AS3 in Robotlegs

Samúel Jónasson

22 Sep, 2011 10:27 AM

I have been reading about the BabelFX framework and what it does for Flex applications. I think it is great.
The only problem is that I don't to Flex applications. I do pure AS3 application on top of Robotlegs.

Has anyone here tried to use the BabelFX swc in a pure as3 solution?

Best,
Sammi

1. 1 Posted by Stray on 22 Sep, 2011 11:09 AM

Hi Sammi,

Sadly I haven't got a fix for you - it seems fairly flex dependent to me, but I wanted to raise the performance-issue question when using BabelFX along side Robotlegs - as BabelFX also processes all ADDED_TO_STAGE events... so I imagine there's a cost to that in terms of UI snappiness.

Stray

2. 2 Posted by Samúel Jónasson on 22 Sep, 2011 12:08 PM

Thanks,

yes I thought about that ADDED_TO_STAGE thing as well. I guess I will continue using my home brewed localization solution for now

Sammi.

3. 3 Posted by Stray on 22 Sep, 2011 12:19 PM

Hi Sammi,

the good news is that we've got a solution for sharing 'ADDED_TO_STAGE' events in Robotlegs 2 - so that they only get captured once and then get routed to various utilities if they're interested.

Localisation is a nice example of a util that will hook in to that. Only a few months to wait - which I guess is far to slow for your current project but it is coming.

Thanks,

Stray

4. 4 Posted by Samúel Jónasson on 22 Sep, 2011 12:57 PM

Nice to hear.

That is something to look forward to. Maybe by then I will have studied how RL utilities are created and will create the LocalizationUtility :)

Sammi

5. 5 Posted by Samuel Asher Ri... on 27 Sep, 2011 04:55 PM

Hi. I created an (incomplete) demo and posted to the BabelFX forum asking its creator to complete the demo. Check it out;

http://support.babelfx.org/discussions/suggestions/4-example-needed...

For Flex solutions, I also created a demo with Robotlegs, AS3-Signals, and BabelFX. Works well! Check it out;

http://www.blog.rivellomultimediaconsulting.com/posts/flex-robotleg...

6. Ondina D.F. closed this discussion on 02 Nov, 2011 06:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac